Method for the chemical recycling of polystyrene materials
- Styrofoam materials are crushed to approximately 10 cm and passed in the reactor. For
dirty Styrofoam materials, this method is not recommended.
- Styrofoam materials are sprayed into the main reactor with solvent at
about 80-85 ° C.
- The dissolved materials are smuggled out in form of a saturated polystyrene mass from the reactor to a processing stage.
- During the treatment the solvent is evaporated.
- After cooling the vapors of the solvent used solvent are produced, which can be used
for liquefaction. The lost amounts of solvents can be supplemented by new solvent.
- After the treatment, we additionally get the product "Hard polystyrene". Hard polystyrene can be used as raw material for new plastic products.